Chicken and Rice
2 cups brown rice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
2 red peppers
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
1/2 stalk green onions
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste
Crunched up tortilla strips (for topping - optional)
1. Cook rice as per package directions
2. Crack eggs into medium sized bowl.
3. Pour brown rice flour into a separate, medium sized bowl
4. Dip your cubed chicken into the eggs, then into the flour until all pieces are coated
5. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, add avocado oil once hot and fry chicken until cooked through
6. While chicken cooks, cut peppers into 1 inch pieces
7. Remove chicken from heat once cooked
8. Add peppers to same pan with another tbsp avocado oil, season with salt and pepper and cook 2-4 minutes until tender crisp
9. Add chicken back into the pan with the peppers and pour sweet chilli sauce overtop chicken and veggies. Let simmer 2 minutes
10. Divide rice into bowls. Top with chicken and pepper mixture.
11. Add your toppings of choice - we love crunched up tortilla chips, green onions, a drizzle of soy sauce or coconut aminos, hot sauce and sesame seeds. Enjoy!